If you’d like to work with iRadio, read on!
iRadio is inviting applications for the dual position of Broadcast Journalist/Content Creator.
The successful applicant will be responsible for putting together hourly news bulletins, sourcing appropriate stories for on air while also being a key part of part of iRadio’s social media output.
The successful applicant will have:
-A confident and fluent news-reading style
– A track record in producing social media content
– A strong knowledge of and interest in current affairs, pop culture and sport
-The ability to write clear and concise news scripts as well as more detailed online content.
– The ability to quickly create short-form video content on mobile
– A strong knowledge of social media platforms and trends
-The ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent time-management skills.
-The desire to work on own initiative, source appropriate stories for iRadio listeners and deliver them in an engaging manner.
– Knowledge of Burli, WordPress and Canva is highly desirable but not essential as training will be provided, while having your own car with a full driving license is highly desirable but not essential.
This is a fulltime, onsite role, based in the iRadio studio in Monksland, Athlone, Co. Roscommon.
If you are interested in applying please email your CV, a short news and sports reading demo (no more than 1.30 minutes) along with your social handles, or the accounts that you’ve worked on to [email protected] by 12 midday on Friday September 15th. Please ensure the audio file is in mp3 format and include your full name and contact details.